The Las Vegas Review-Journal has a short report from a couple of days ago about a large punitive damage award against Paul Revere Life Insurance Company and UNUM: $60 million! You can read more about it on the website of the attorney who handled the case, Rick Friedman, here. In light of the recent cases from the Supreme Court limiting punitive damage awards, I think we need more information to evaluate how likely this is to withstand yet another appeal.
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 06/24/2019Family says insurance fails to pay for mental health coverage despite medical necessity
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies
- Posted on 12/29/2005Should You Buy Long Term Disability Insurance?