The Law Office of Brian S. King helps individuals who must secure a financial future for themselves and their families negotiate the complex legal process of obtaining disability and life insurance money. Often these claims involve dealing with ERISA, a complicated federal statute that is not friendly to consumers. Disability and life insurance claims can arise as a result of injuries or illness. Insurers deny these claims at the most difficult and financially stressful times in a person's life. The Firm helps individuals get the funds necessary to carry on with their lives.
The Law Office of Brian S. King has handled hundreds of denied medical claims involving residential treatment for mental illness. Health insurers work hard to avoid paying these claims. However, residential treatment for eating disorders and other severe mental, emotional or behavioral illnesses is often the most appropriate level of care for an individual in need of medically necessary treatment. Over many years my office has learned the best ways to increase the likelihood of getting payment for wrongly denied residential treatment claims.
The Law Office of Brian S. King specializes in representing patients, hospitals and physicians facing denied medical claims. These denials can take the form of individual high dollar claims, denials or underpayments arising out of managed care contracts, reductions in payment from cuts based on "usual, reasonable and customary" criteria, attempts by insurers to wrongfully shift costs to Medicare or Medicaid and many other types of reductions and denials. These claims are often governed by or involve ERISA, a federal statute that is not designed with the interests of consumers or health care providers in mind. The Firm has years of experience dealing with the complex legal, medical and insurance terrain that makes up the world of denied health insurance and health benefit claims. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, the Firm extends its services nationwide.
One of the most effective ways to change poor behavior from insurers and self-funded ERISA plans is to target systematic violations of ERISA plan language or federal or state statutes by filing a class action.
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 06/24/2019Family says insurance fails to pay for mental health coverage despite medical necessity
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies
- Posted on 12/29/2005Should You Buy Long Term Disability Insurance?