Last month I wrote about the Health Insurance Marketplace Modernization Act (HIMMA), a new bill introduced by Senator Enzi to increase accessibility to health insurance for small businesses. The American Association of Retired Persons weighed in almost immediately here. Other reviews are coming in from insurers and state insurance departments and they seem to be unfavorable for the most part. As an example I’ve posted in the library a copy of a letter the Attorney General for the State of Illinois, Lisa Madigan, wrote to Senators Durbin and Obama outlining her concerns.
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 07/11/2019Timothy D. v. Aetna Health and Life Ins. Co.
- Posted on 06/24/2019Family says insurance fails to pay for mental health coverage despite medical necessity
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies