Last month I wrote about the Health Insurance Marketplace Modernization Act (HIMMA), a new bill introduced by Senator Enzi to increase accessibility to health insurance for small businesses. The American Association of Retired Persons weighed in almost immediately here. Other reviews are coming in from insurers and state insurance departments and they seem to be unfavorable for the most part. As an example I’ve posted in the library a copy of a letter the Attorney General for the State of Illinois, Lisa Madigan, wrote to Senators Durbin and Obama outlining her concerns.
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment
- Posted on 05/17/2011 CIGNA v. Amara
- Posted on 03/29/2011 Bloomberg Markets' article on ERISA
- Posted on 12/24/2010 James F. v. CIGNA Behavioral Health Inc.
- Posted on 07/11/2019 Timothy D. v. Aetna Health and Life Ins. Co.
- Posted on 06/24/2019 Family says insurance fails to pay for mental health coverage despite medical necessity
- Posted on 04/24/2006 Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies