A couple of days ago the CBS affiliate in California's Bay Area aired a story about Melinda Carstens' battle with her disability insurer. The fight concerned the insurer's assertion that it could offset against the disability money it owed her funds the Social Security Administration paid her son because Melinda was disabled. You can see the story and read the transcript of it here. Fortunately for Melinda, the trial court agreed with her that the insurer had no ability to take the offset and reduce her disability benefits.
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies
- Posted on 12/29/2005Should You Buy Long Term Disability Insurance?
- Posted on 10/05/2005Welcome to the Website of Brian S. King