Yesterday the Supreme Court decided Sereboff v. Mid-Atlantic Medical Services, Inc. You can read the opinion here. It's a unanimous opinion written by Chief Justice Roberts. Sereboff has been eagerly anticipated by ERISA afficionados for several months. I'll have more to say about the decision later today or tomorrow. But for now, color me unimpressed. It's an analytical mess and raises more questions than it answers.
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies
- Posted on 12/29/2005Should You Buy Long Term Disability Insurance?
- Posted on 10/05/2005Welcome to the Website of Brian S. King