Simon Lazarus and Ian Millhiser have a great article in The Guardian last week about ERISA's inadequate job of protecting employees and their dependents. The link they provide in their article for the "smoking gun" that is Provident's internal memo about the lack of remedies for violations of ERISA comes from this website's library! In commenting on the article, Chris Nichols at the North Carolina Trial Law Blog provides an apt description of ERISA: it is a "horrible and judicially mutilated zombie."
- ?I have been awarded Social Security disability benefits. But the insurer of my disability policy has denied my claim. Can the insurer do that?
- ?I already have a lawyer working on my social security disability claim. Can't that lawyer handle my disability insurance claim too?
- ?What issues do you see in life insurance claims?
- Posted on 04/24/2006Eliminating Discretionary Clauses in Insurance Policies
- Posted on 12/29/2005Should You Buy Long Term Disability Insurance?
- Posted on 10/05/2005Welcome to the Website of Brian S. King